[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

How the Displacement is Actually the Placement of Eyeshadow


I tried just playing with my eyeshadow which I haven't done out of pure leisure in ages.  I used my favorite pro brand eyeshadows -- Stilazzi.  I had to brush-up on the placement of the eyeshadows a bit since I got a bit sloppy lazy.


Eyeshadow is tricky if you think about it, I mean the placement of it.  The colors may look great when you are applying them in the mirror.  Everything seems to look lifted and normal.  Then, take a picture and you find everything just falls (like a badly sized bra).  Believe me, I have been guilty of this myself because my brain just refuses to think!  What has to be constantly in the mind when applying color are the angles.


Taupe Eyeshadow

Stilazzi M-38 for taupe eyeshadow. Blended with PS-24.

See how I apply my taupe color eyeshadow?  The color will define the eye area and also separate it from the rest of the face.  The sharp angle upwards will later be soften with shimmer powder and/or eyeshadow.  It is funny from the front the angle of the shadow looks as though it is going downward when in actuality it is going upward.


Dark Eyeshadow

Then from that same outer corner, I applied a black brown but in a much more acute angle -- almost straight upward.  From the front, due to the muscle structure, it naturally leans up and back.  Blend it to softly emphasize the orbital ridge.

Purple Eyeshadow

Eyeshadow mix of PS-11, PS-41.

Next, I apply a shimmer purple shadow just on my "lid" area and it stops where the black/brown shadow was applied.  You could say, the black/brown shadow was a guide.  Blend the purple.

Eyeliner

With the same black/brown eyeshadow apply eyeliner but make sure it lifts a bit up towards the end.  Everything has to create the illusion of lift and bringing the eyes back and making them look bigger.

Finished Eye Look


Here is the end result!  A soft smoked purple, well maybe not smoked.  Actually, just something wearable on an old witch like me!  The eyes never look like a belly button and small, they never look droopy but lifted.  And, I don't look like some drag queen!  (I have nothing against drag queens, I just feel I shouldn't look like one.)

Just keeping my makeup real!!!


Olivia


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives